Wine lovers around the world are embracing the hottest new trend in wine: natural wine. Natural wine is a type of wine that is produced in a more natural way than traditional wine, with minimal chemical or technological intervention. In recent years, this unique style of wine has become increasingly popular among those looking to try something new and different. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why natural wine is gaining in popularity, how it’s made, and where you can buy wine online.
So, What Is Natural Wine?
Natural wine is an increasingly popular type of wine that is made using minimal intervention and without the use of artificial additives or preservatives. It is produced from grapes grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, and without any additional manipulation, such as acidification, sugar additions, and filtration. Natural wines are characterized by their unique and complex flavour profiles, which are a result of the grape’s natural environment and fermentation process.
The production of natural wine has been around for centuries and has only recently gained popularity among wine drinkers. This is due to a growing awareness of the potential health benefits associated with avoiding artificial additives, as well as the desire to explore the more unusual flavour combinations that natural wines offer.
For those who are interested in trying natural wines, there are plenty of options out there. Natural wines can be found in both online and brick-and-mortar stores, with a variety of styles available to suit all palates. From sparkling and white wines to reds and fortified wines, natural wines offer an array of interesting flavours that are sure to please even the most discerning wine connoisseur. So, if you’re looking for something new and exciting, give natural wine a try!
The Benefits Of Natural Wine
As wine consumption continues to rise in popularity, there’s been an increasing interest in natural wines. Natural wines are made using traditional methods, with minimal processing, and without the use of chemicals or additives. They also tend to be lower in sulphites, making them a healthier option for those looking to limit their alcohol intake.
So, what makes natural wine so appealing? For one, they often have a unique flavour profile and aroma. Natural wines are made using organic grapes and other ingredients, which can bring out flavours and aromas that you wouldn’t normally find in conventional wines. This is part of the reason why natural wines have become so popular.
Finally, natural wines often have a lower alcohol content than their conventional counterparts. This makes them a great choice for those looking to enjoy a glass or two of wine without overdoing it.
All in all, natural wines offer an exciting new way to enjoy wine without sacrificing quality or taste. If you’re looking for something different, why not give natural wines a try?
How To Spot Natural Wine
Have you heard about the new trend in wine – natural wine? Natural wine has become increasingly popular over the past few years, and for good reason. Natural wine is made with minimal intervention, meaning that it’s produced with fewer additives than traditional wines.
If you’re looking to try out natural wine, it’s important to know how to spot it. Here are a few tips on how to spot natural wine:
- Check the Label: Look for labels that say made from organically grown grapes or certified biodynamic. These are indicators that the wine was produced using more natural methods.
- Look for a Sulphite Warning: Many natural wines will have a warning label indicating that it contains sulphites. Sulphites are used to preserve the freshness of the wine, but natural wines tend to use fewer sulphites than traditional wines.
- Ask Questions: Don’t be afraid to ask your wine store or restaurant staff about the source of their natural wines. They should be able to tell you if the wine is produced with organic or biodynamic practices.
By following these tips, you can be sure to find great-tasting natural wine. So next time you’re looking for a glass of something special, try out some natural wine!
Some Of Our Favourite Natural Wines
If you’re looking for something new and exciting to try, you should consider exploring natural wines. Natural wine is made without the addition of chemicals or preservatives and is gaining popularity among wine enthusiasts as it becomes more widely available. Natural wine is often considered to be more flavourful and complex than conventional wines, due to its unique production process.
Whether you’re a seasoned sommelier or just starting to explore the world of wine, there’s something for everyone when it comes to natural wines. Here are some natural wines that you should try:
- Augustin Florent – Pinot Noir: This light-bodied red from Burgundy, France is a great introduction to natural wines. It has complex flavours of blackberry, raspberry, and spices that make it a delicious accompaniment to any meal.
- Lisini – Sangiovese: This robust Italian red has intense aromas of ripe cherries and leather, as well as notes of fresh herbs and tobacco. Perfect with a hearty Italian dish like pasta or pizza!
- Paltrinieri – Lambrusco Grasparossa: This sparkling red wine is produced in the region of Emilia-Romagna in Italy. It has bright fruity aromas and a crisp, refreshing taste, making it the perfect companion for hot summer days.
- Burgo Viejo – Verdejo: This white wine from Spain is full of delicate citrus and tropical fruit flavours, with a hint of minerality and a smooth finish. Enjoy it on its own or pair it with light seafood dishes for a perfect combination.